[digiKam-users] Geolocation edit without real timestamp

Tóth Csaba ignis at domen.hu
Sat May 16 11:30:38 BST 2020

Hello!

I need a help for geolocation: I have lots of scanned pictures (with no
real created timestamp), and gpx tacklogs. I'd like to correlate it. Yes
I need to do this by hand. I use the 7.0 beta Build date: May 8 2020.

How i'd like to do this: Look the picture one side of the window, and
look the gps tracklog in the another side, and depend the picture, the
orders etc try to figure out where i took the picture, and write the
geodata back to the image (context menu/button etc), and go to the next
picture.

I tried to do with the "edit geolocation" window. The thumbnails is so
tiny (4k) sometimes i just feel what is on the picture. (35x58 pixel on
a 4K screen!)
(The other settings/sizes fine for me, so I don't want to go deep into
the HDPI settings, if possible, just increase this tiny image)
(the other problem: the copy coordinates is not copied from the cursor
position, just the center of the map, but I can live with it)

I tried to do this with "preview" and right side the "map" (no tracklog)
in this case how can I modify the coordinates? there is "copy
coordinates" in the map, but nowhere "paste coordinates" in the image
side. Or a "write this coordinates into the image" button...

The "take a good look on the picture" -> "edit geolocation" -> "load
gpx" -> "try to figure out where is it" -> "copy coordinates" -> "paste
coordinates"-> "apply" -> "try again" method is very time consuming.

Any help welcome.

Thanx

Csaba