[digiKam-users] Video library

Peter Teuben teuben at gmail.com
Wed May 6 17:51:06 BST 2020

what do you do about the album captions?

I have a new 2nd approach.  Use case:  sometimes it's just faster to do
something like

      cd /Photos

      find   .    -name    .caption | xargs   grep   -i   garden

if that list is short, and memories come back, you can quickly xdg-open
that folder and browse. Sometimes that saves having to open an expensive
application like Digikam.  Of course i don't type that horrible command,
I have a script that hides the complexity, viz.

     albums  /Photos   garden

But for this, i needed a script that saves album captions to the
.caption files. It may seem redundant and dangerous, but sometimes bare
unix tools beat the big guns.

peter