[digiKam-users] Video library

digikam at 911networks.com digikam at 911networks.com
Wed May 6 18:22:21 BST 2020

On Wed, 6 May 2020 11:33:11 -0500 (CDT)
woenx <marcpalaus at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, I do that too, but I think you won't be able to save the
> changes in the video files themselves, you need sidecars. You can
> enable the option to enable sidecars for read-only files, so info
> will still be saved in the pictures, but in sidecars for videos.

Now, you lost me guys.

Currently I use only photos and my current settings are:

* read from sidecar: on
* write to sidecar: on
	* write to xmp sidecar only
* use compatible filename for writing sidecars: off

and I get abc_1234.cr2.xmp  That's what I want to keep.

I have abc_1234.mp4 and I want my descriptions/tags stored in
abc_1234.mp4.xmp and in DK.

Will these settings work with videos?

Thanks

--