[digiKam-users] Keyword (metadata) consistency between programs

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Wed May 6 07:46:55 BST 2020

OK, so I had a look at those ON1 files.
First, those are *not* XML files, but look like json files.

Second, while keywords are stored, I'm not sure the hierarchy is preserved
(hard to see, as there's either no tree, or the tree has only one branch).

So, if I understand correctly what you wrote in the accompanying text, the
_1030666 sidecars were written by ON1. While the .ON1 file has two sections,
the .XMP only has one section (no separate "raw" and "jpeg" sections).

So from what you describe, digikam does *not* read the .ON1 files, which is
understandable, as they are not XML data. I don't think digikam reads json
format...

It does read the ON1-generated XMP file, but that one is the same for both the
jpeg and the raw file, so keywords will be the same for both.

Remco