[digiKam-users] Failed to rename Album

Alan H webaccounts at live.com
Mon Mar 30 20:39:40 BST 2020

Greetings all,
After following up on the suggestions provided (except for APIs of which I know nothing), and just trying various renaming scenarios, I rather randomly ended up at Maik’s third point (I think) of “a preview image was previously opened in digiKam”. If, in a collection, I open/preview a photo I am blocked from renaming (Failed to rename Folder error) any parent folder higher in the hierarchy above the folder in which the photo was previewed. But, I can rename the photo in the child folder in which the photo was previewed, and all other child folders at the same level, if that makes sense.

Maik, Gilles, have you had a chance to look into this - is this something that can fixed? I understand with the covid-19 pandemic that you may have other priorities. Can I at least safely rename blocked folders in Windows file explorer until there is a fix? With thanks, Alan.