[digiKam-users] How to interpret DigiKam error message when connecting to camera

a squared amfev44 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 17:20:55 BST 2020

I quite agree: "DK should allow the import". Sadly, DK doesn't agree with
us.

After almost 2 days of continuous playing around with this - focussing on
the automount factor - I have made zero progress. I note also that there is
very little available via Google search in the way of solutions, although
plenty of people have a similar problem. I can't understand this: I am able
to browse the content of the SD card in my USB connected camera from Nemo.
DK even autodetects the camera - and then tells me it is not connected,
when it clearly and effectively is.

I have to ask: was this function fully tested? The scenario suggests there
is some difference of opinion between Linux and DK. I'm not capable of
figuring this out. Yes, I could remove the SD card and use a card reader,
but this is a hassle and the card is not really meant to be repeatedly
removed from and re-inserted into the camera. The function to read from the
card while still in the camera is, apparently, a function of DK.

When will it be offered in a working form or when will effective
problem source identification procedures be provided (that's a question to
the developers)?