[digiKam-users] How to interpret DigiKam error message when connecting to camera

Mick Sulley mick at sulley.info
Sat Jun 27 12:39:00 BST 2020

You do need to dismount the camera.  I also run DK in Mint, when I plug
the camera in I get a pop-up box asking what to do, open as folder, open
with something else, etc, and there is an 'Unmount' button as well,
click this and DK should allow the import. Alternatively if it is
already mounted click on the up arrow to the right of the camera name in
file explorer.

Hope that helps.  Having to dismount to import did seem a bit odd to me
as well:)

Mick