[digiKam-users] How to interpret DigiKam error message when connecting to camera

digikam at 911networks.com digikam at 911networks.com
Sat Jun 27 18:07:13 BST 2020

On Sat, 27 Jun 2020 17:20:55 +0100
a squared <amfev44 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have to ask: was this function fully tested?

You sound like Dilbert's pointy-hair boss :(

> The scenario suggests there is some difference of opinion between
> Linux and DK.  I'm not capable of figuring this out. Yes, I could
> remove the SD card and use a card reader, but this is a hassle

Yes I understand but to me it's not anymore hassle than plugging and
unplugging the camera into the computer

> and the card is not really meant to be repeatedly removed from and
> re-inserted into the camera.

Uh? Why? What qualification do you have to make such a statement?

> The function to read from the card while still in the camera is,
> apparently, a function of DK.

Actually it's a function of the OS, the camera, the transport
protocol and the software (DK)

> When will it be offered in a working form or when will effective
> problem source identification procedures be provided (that's a
> question to the developers)?

1. There are tenS of thousandS of users that are using DK everyday,
including me, getting their images into DK with some very large
libraries.
2. I find your assertions very insulting to the people that have
worked and have contributed very hard to DK.
3. Instead, you could state that you have a problem with... and some
people would try to help.
4. You have not provided any useful information like computer,
camera, cables, what else is running... what are the exact steps?...