[digiKam-users] status of the face detecting?

Tóth Csaba ignis at domen.hu
Thu Jun 4 12:46:35 BST 2020

Hello!

I'm using the Build date: May 22 2020 (target: RelWithDebInfo) version
on windows 10.

In the 7.0 Beta1 (?) 2(?) (in January) the new face detecting (with deep
learning, or other soft computing) debut. At that point in the "people"
tab pane, was new options for face detecting: rebuild, learning
something related for the learning algorithm, but in the new versions it
is missing.

And I read days before about the improvements to the faceengine.

So what is under the hood? Its the "new" one with the deep-learning, or
the old one what is was in the 6.x?

(what is now working is new very useful: many face not detected, the
recognize is suggest wrong faces example with glasses for people without
glasses)

Thanx

Csaba