[digiKam-users] status of the face detecting?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 11:39:08 BST 2020

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, but we are busy with students working while
Google Summer of Code this year, about...

...Face Engine (DNN) and Face Workflow (GUI)...

The students work and progress well. There will be a blog about the
project advancement soon. One has just posted this one :

https://kart1kx.wordpress.com/2020/06/05/reordering-the-people-sidebar-in-digikam/

and so yes, to respond to your original message, dysfunctions still
here in current 7.0.0. This is why we have 2 students this year
working on faces management.

So the optimisations and improvements will appear after this summer,
and after we backport students branch the master code.

Now, I open an important question for everyone in this room (students,
end users, developers) :

"It's judicious to release digiKam 7.0.0 following the planned date
before this summer, or we need to wait a little bit after this summer
to integrate all faces management fixes ???"

I'm waiting for constructive responses.

Thanks in advance

Gilles Caulier