[digiKam-users] flatpak instructions (for the README file)

Peter Teuben teuben at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 18:38:09 BST 2020

Another surprise (at least for Kubuntu):    I installed both the flatpak
and the native app. And the GUI launcher where you type "digikam" only
shows one, the beta luckily.   But on the command line i can still
execute digikam natively.

This sounds like a bug to me inthe Kubuntu system (or it's yet another
setting)  How do others fare here, dare I ask ?

It should be commented (and I will do that) that if you are running
both, they will perhaps look at the same digikam4.db file, and this
could lead to surprises. I keep a backup in case it got mangled, which
it did in my case before I knew about the flatseal permissions I needed,
as I lost whole albums and they would need to be rebuilt!

- peter