[digiKam-users] Fwd: Digikam does not show images by Tag

Ramnarayan.K ramnarayan.k at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 17:06:28 BST 2020

Hi

Some, many, months ago I accidentally formatted my image hard disk.  More
than a TB's worth.

It took many days of running testdisk / photorec to recover the images.

The recovered images all lost their original names and are now in multiple
(100's) of folders named by testdisk.

Since then I have pointed digikam to the recovered images (On a new Hard
disk) and am also placing my new images in the same section.

Digikam has picked up the tags that were / are in the recovered images, it
has also organized them by date (rom exif data).

However while I can browse by date I cannot browse by Tags.

I have used the "read tags " from images - and this also took a tonne load
of time but it generated all the tags (seemingly) but it shows no images in
any tag category.

Kindly advice.

My images are on external drive. And I open digikam only after attaching
the drive

Current OS and Digikam Specs are
Linux Mint 19 (Tara)
Digikam Version 5.6.0