[digiKam-users] Digikam does not show images by Tag

Ramnarayan.K ramnarayan.k at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 12:51:49 BST 2020

Hi

Some, many, months ago I accidentally formatted my image hard disk. A more
than a TB worth.

It took many days of running testdisk / photorec to recover the images.

The recovered images all lost their original names and are now in multiple
(100's) of folders named by testdisk.

Since then I have pointed digikam to the recovereed images (On a new Har
disk) and am also placing my new images in the same section.

Digikam has picked up the tags that were are in the recovered images, it
has also organized them by date (rom exif data).

However while I can browse by date I cannot browse by Tags. I have use the
"read tags " from images - and this took a tonne load of time but it
generated all th tags (seemingly) but it shows not images in any tag
category.

Kindly advice.

My images are on external drive. And I open digikam only after attaching
the drive

Current OS and Digika Specs are
Linux Mint 19 (Tara)
Digikam Version 5.6.0