[digiKam-users] Tags management

Cesar Inacio Martins cesar.inacio.martins at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 13:28:14 BST 2020

Hi,

I just installed version 7.
Unfortunately, tag management still very slow for me.
I really want to reorganize my tags and open to any tips on how to achieve
this.

1) at first, I don't need to apply the tag changes to the files.
2) I'm reorganizing into a tree structure, merging someones, moving others.
3) after reorganizing all tags, then I would apply to the files.
Is this possible?

This process is very, very slow.  (I still believe it is slow because of
the graphic tree view component, not the logical update process)
I'm really considering work directly into the database, with
selects/updates.
I believe will be much faster for me, since I familiarized myself with
this.
Considering I follow all rules of the relationship of the tables, is
possible to do this?
Is there any documentation about the relationship/rules of the tables tags
in a way where I can use it as model to write my DMLs?