[digiKam-users] REQUEST: help importing through scanner using Win 10 Pro

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 04:44:15 GMT 2020

I am not 100% sure but I think the import from devices function relies on a library which is only available on linux.Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: James Orr <jorr1948 at earthlink.net> Date: 2020-02-18  9:34 p.m.  (GMT-07:00) To: "digikam-users-group--kde.org" <digikam-users at kde.org> Subject: [digiKam-users] REQUEST: help importing through scanner using Win 10 Pro
    I've been scanning negatives from 1986. I use a Canon 9000F Mark II
    scanner, which is listed in the SANE-PROJECT as being compatible and
    having a driver.  Based on reading the documentation, I expected to
    find an item under IMPORT that would show SCANNER and let me
    configure my input from Digikam. I wonder if because I am using Win
    10 Pro, perhaps it is not supported.

    As it is, I am using the Canon configuration and saving the output
    to a file that is available to DigiKam. then I add description, tags
    and other information.

    Am I missing something that should be obvious to me?
    --
      James M. Orr
      2705 E Sussex Way