[digiKam-users] How to restore default settings on Windows?

Michael Dawid Michael at dawid-info.de
Sat Sep 7 13:22:39 BST 2019

Hi,

i have searched the documentation and web page on how to restore default
settings for digiKam on Windows. Unfortunately i couldn't find an
information about that. As far as i understand, digiKam stores some
settings in the rc file, which is under linux machines located under the
.kde folder of the home drive.
I was searching my C:\users\ folder for any digikam or kde folder, but
couldn't find any. Therefore i'd like to ask where is the default
location of the rc file?

Background: I upgraded my digiKam from 5.9.0 to 6.2.0 and had some
performance issues. Therefore i was trying to solve it by reinstalling
the new and old version. Somehow, while fiddeling around i managed to
disable the menu bar and i'm unable to restore it again. Even though i
uninstalled and installed any of the above mentioned versions i don't
have any menu bar.
As I understand it should be possible to restore the window settings by
deleting the rc file. Unfortunately i don't know where to find it on
windows systems.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in Advance,

BR,