[digiKam-users] Hierarchical tags, how are they stored?

woenx marcpalaus at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 5 19:08:16 GMT 2019

Btw, I got suspicious when I dragged and dropped some tags into a hierarchy,
and digikam then warned that a large number of pictures were going to be
modified (that's fine), but the amount of pictures it mentioned was lower
than the total amount of pictures contained in the hierarchy I just moved.
So I suspect that only pictures that use the tag immediately next to the
parent tag are updated.

(e.g. Imagine I have an existing hierarchy Ontario/Toronto, and lots of
pictures in there are only tagged with "Toronto", but are somehow aware of
the hierarchy. Then I move "Ontario" over "Canada", so the hierarchy is now
Canada/Ontario/Toronto, but those pictures containing just "Toronto" are not
modified, only the few ones that contained "Ontario/Toronto" are updated).

I am sorry if it's a bit abstract, but I don't know if this a bug or normal
behavior.