[digiKam-users] Hierarchical tags, how are they stored?

Noeck noeck.marburg at gmx.de
Tue Nov 5 19:12:21 GMT 2019

Am 05.11.19 um 20:08 schrieb woenx:
> Btw, I got suspicious when I dragged and dropped some tags into a hierarchy,

I made some bad experience when moving tags by drag and drop some years
ago. I can't recall exactly but since then I do this to move tags:

1. Add a new tag (with the same name) in the hierarchy where I want it
2. Filter by the old tag
3. Add the new tag to all of those filtered images
4. Unselect the old tag on all those images
5. Check that no images show up if I select the old tag
6. Delete the old tag

It's a bit more complicated than drag and drop but it works reliably.

Best,
Joram