[digiKam-users] DateTimeOriginal

David McCreedy untrusted4now at gmail.com
Wed May 8 22:19:53 BST 2019

Sorry for the delayed response... I was out of town.
Unfortunately on my system the date shows as 1/22/2018 for the p031a.jpg
test image.
Attached is, hopefully, a screenshot.

I tested out the priority digiKam gives to three date fields and, as you
noted, it has changed.
Priority for digiKam 5.8 is 1=DateTimeOriginal (ExifIFD), 2=CreateDate
(ExifIFD), 3=ModifyDate (IFD0) (field names are from exiftool).
digiKam 6.x changes this to 1=ModifyDate (IFD0), 2=DateTimeOriginal
(ExifIFD), 3=CreateDate (ExifIFD)
I could do a one-time adjustment to copy DateTimeOriginal to ModifyDate to
get the 5.8 behavior in 6.x but Photoshop updates ModifyDate so every time I
update a photo I'd hit the same problem.
BTW: The DBSCHEMA.ODS spreadsheet at https://www.digikam.org/documentation/
should be updated.  The Images workbook still shows the 5.8 order for the
creationDate field (Exif.Photo.DateTimeOriginal,
Exif.Photo.DateTimeDigitized, Exif.Image.DateTime,
Iptc.Application2.DateCreated, Iptc.Application2.DigitizationTime,
xmp:DateTime).
<http://digikam.1695700.n4.nabble.com/file/t376839/screenshot.jpg>