[digiKam-users] Digikam 6.2 beta memory leaks?

leoutation at gmx.fr leoutation at gmx.fr
Wed May 8 18:23:18 BST 2019

On 5/8/19 7:09 PM, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There is no special changes done in Fingerprints processing.
> The main changes in whole source code in 2 ports to C++11
> compatibility ; nullprt and virtual overide. Both change code
> everywhere.
>
> How did you investiguate the memory leak exactly ? With valgrind or
> just to check the memory consumption through the linux kernel stats ?
>
> Did you compile yourself whole code, or did you try the AppImage linux bundle ?
I checked resident memory in htop.
I compile digikam git with Arch Aur this modified script (less dependencies)

pkgname=digikam-git
pkgver=r42728.bf87ed54b8
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc='Digital photo management application for KDE'
arch=('i686' 'x86_64')
license=('GPL')
url="http://www.digikam.org/"
depends=('liblqr' 'qtav' 'lensfun' 'knotifyconfig' 'kfilemetadata'
'opencv' 'threadweaver' 'qt5-xmlpatterns' 'libgphoto2' 'imagemagick')
makedepends=('git' 'extra-cmake-modules-git' 'eigen' 'doxygen' 'boost'
'mariadb' 'kdoctools')
optdepends=('hugin: panorama tool' 'kimageformats')
conflicts=('digikam')
provides=('digikam')
install=digikam-git.install
source=('digikam::git+git://anongit.kde.org/digikam')
md5sums=('SKIP')
groups=('digikamsc-git')

pkgver() {
   cd "${srcdir}/digikam"
   printf "r%s.%s" "$(git rev-list --count HEAD)" "$(git rev-parse
--short HEAD)"
}

prepare() {
if [[ -d "${srcdir}/build" ]]; then
       msg "Cleaning the previous build directory..."
       rm -rf "${srcdir}/build"
   fi
   mkdir "${srcdir}/build"
}

build() {
   cd "${srcdir}/build"
   cmake "${srcdir}/digikam" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release \
		-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr \
		-DLIB_INSTALL_DIR=lib \
		-DKDE_INSTALL_USE_QT_SYS_PATHS=ON \
		-DBUILD_TESTING=OFF \