[digiKam-users] "Orphaned" Digikam Tags

Maik Qualmann metzpinguin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 19:31:38 GMT 2019

Ignoring the problem would not be so good. Do you use SQLite or MySQL and
which digiKam version exactly?

1. Backup the database
2. Use at least digiKam-6.0.0, if not available, use the AppImage.
3. If using SqLite as a database, just use the database migration tool to copy
the existing database into a new one. This fixes bugs, but should not remove
any tags that still exist.
4. Copy the new database over the old one.

Maik