[digiKam-users] "Orphaned" Digikam Tags

Aliks david3.lischka at gmx.com
Thu Mar 14 12:05:50 GMT 2019

I have used Digikam for years to manage my bird photo library, with tags for
the bird name and bird species/family.  Example: A photo of a Hooded Vulture
is tagged:

Wildlife|Birds|Accitripidae Vultures|Hooded Vulture

Over the years bird species get merged or split so I have I have reorganised
the tag hierarchy many times.  Its now a largish photo library, and losing
tags would be painful so I have been tracking down all the errors and
glitches and fixing them one by one.

What's left is a set of 20 error messages which show at startup time, which
appear to refer to "orphaned" tags, for example:

Digikam::AlbumManager::scanTAlbums: Failed to find parent tag for tag
"African Wattled Lapwing"  with pid  210

There is currrently no tag "African Wattled Lapwing" showing in the Tag
Manager, if I create this tag and restart digikam, the error message
remains. If I delete the newly created tag, still the same error message.

Should I be worried about a corrupt tag database, or just ignore these
messages?