[digiKam-users] Metadata for RAW files

Rafael Linux rafael.linux.user at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 12:43:13 BST 2019

I'm using Digikam 6.1 and my system have nothing strange. My latest attached
screenshot shows the "XMP" tab. However, I observed an strange behavior
while taking this screenshots. If the "Item" selected previously is not a
RAW file, I can select any icon in the left column, whatever tab I select
(EXIF, IPTC or XMP). However, if the item selected were a RAW file, I can't
select any other icon of the left column but one that is automatically
selected by Digikam in each tab. That is: If I select "EXIF" tab,
"Description" icon is auto-selected, and no other icon can be selected!!.
If I click "IPTC" tab, "Affairs" (maybe "subjects" in English, an RSS like
icon) is the auto-selected icon and can't select any other. Finally, if I
click on "XMP", "Status" icon is auto-selected.

I can't understand this behavior. It's the official KDE:Extra repositories
Digikam version.  Could this be related to the RW2 RAW format file????