[digiKam-users] Metadata for RAW files

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jun 24 09:50:12 BST 2019

On lundi 24 juin 2019 00:03:09 CEST Rafael Linux User wrote:
> Yes, I tried previously to ask here to change metadata in all tabs ("EXIF"
> , "IPTC" and "XMP"), but as I wrote, it's not possible to enable/disable or
> change any field when selected image is a RAW file. There is not problem at
> all when I try it with any other image file.

Then there is a difference between our systems, because I tested that on a
*raw* file (as that was where you claimed the problems were).

I just tested again, on a raw file, and the XMP was updated with the added in
formation through the "Item"->"Edit Metadata" dialog, XMP tab...

What does *not* work, is changing those metadata for a raw file in the
"Information" tab of the "Captions" right sidebar.

Another way to enter that information is through metadata templates (handy for
standard copyright and contact info).

This is tested on version 6.1.0 (build date mai 1st, 2019 according to 'about'
dialog, title bar shows Digikam 5.9.0).

Remco

P.S. Your image shows the IPTC tab... That's a different format, with
restrictions on the character sets it can use (only 8-bit characters). All its
fields are also included in the XMP tab. IPTC core can't be written to XMP
afaik.