[digiKam-users] Deleted tags re-appear

Nicolas Boulesteix nico.boulesteix at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 07:52:43 BST 2019

Hi,

What kind of picture format do you use, jpeg or raw files (or other) ?
Do you know how was stored metadata by Aperture and how is set Digikam,
wrote in the embed file metadata or wrote in an xmp sidecar file ?

If it can help, I recently encounter a similar problem and I think its
origin was that I used in the past the option to write xmp file for all
picture format (raw + jpg) and now I set digikam to use xmp only for Raw,
but, when I was modifying a jpg file metadata, the correct metadata was
correctly wrote in the jpg file (verified by exiv2 -pa command), but
Digikam read back the old metadata contained by the jpg.xmp files, and and
Digikam doesn't show the new metadata after a restart or a "read metadata
from files".

If you don't need jpg.xmp file (if you have some) and your metadata are
imported in Digikam, you probably can deleted them, or you could set
digikam to use xmp files for all pictures format and future modifying
should then be kept in place if the problem is the same of mine...

Nicolas

--
Nicolas Boulesteix - Chasseur de Lueurs - http://www.photonoxx.fr