[digiKam-users] Deleted tags re-appear

ursine1 ursine1 at mac.com
Fri Jun 7 20:54:20 BST 2019

I am using the recent *digiKam 6.0.0 beta 3* on an iMac using macOS Mojave,
Version 10.14.2. Previously, I used *Aperture* and now am in the process of
using digiKam for my *DAM*. I created a collection of images from Aperture
using the *Aperture Exporter* app. This app exported both image originals
and "versions". Also, the "keywords"(*tags* in digiKam) that I used,
including facial identifications were also exported.

Now that I have started using digiKam, I have made a hierarchical structure
using tags, e.g. "Family / Brothers / Jesse". This was done by creating
higher level tags (like "Family" and "Brothers") and then moving existing
tags (like "Jesse") to the proper location.

The problem is that after several times opening digiKam, the old tags
reappear along with the new hierarchy. I have deleted the older tags several
times, but they keep reappearing. Database maintenance options don't seem to
help.

Any suggestions?

Chuck

-----
Retired from IT and living near Barcelona
Enjoy taking photographs for more than 60 years