[digiKam-users] "Monitor the albums for external changes"

woenx marcpalaus at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 22 15:49:18 BST 2019

On Settings, Collections, there is a list of the sources from where the
collection is drawn. At the bottom, there's a checkbox (in my case, it's
unchecked) that reads: "Monitor the albums for external changes (requires
restart)". What does it do exactly? I suppose it must be new, since I
couldn't find it in the documentation.

I think digikam already monitors my albums for changes (if new pictures are
added or deleted, these changes will be updated to the database when digikam
starts).

I believe a hover-over text would be nice, also for those little "refresh"
and "cancel" icons next to each source.

Thanks in advance.