[digiKam-users] Multi-user digiKam setup?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 08:10:44 GMT 2019

Le sam. 26 janv. 2019 à 02:13, Leo Gaspard <digikam-users at leo.gaspard.io> a
écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I'll try asking just one last time, by decreasing order of importance:
>  * Is digiKam not unbearably slow when the pictures are on a WebDAV and
>    the database a remote MySQL?

The Webdav storing was never tested here, at least be me.

The network is the bottleneck here. Mysql thumbnails storing is the part
which use the network bandwidth a lots. With 6.0.0, Maik has optimized the
network use with Mysql.

>  * Does putting the digiKam database in MySQL put the WebDAV password in
>    the MySQL?

No idea...

>  * Does digiKam work properly with collections on read-only filesystems
>    and especially read-only WebDAV?

Read only is not a problem is you don't want to change the files data.

>  * Does anyone have any feedback about sharing a digiKam database with
>    other people (and not only other computers from the same person)?

This kind of workflow is not implemented yet... You can only sync the file
metadata with database and sync back a remote storage. It's so far not
optimal.

In all cases the database do not contains yet the guards for concurrent
uses.

Gilles Caulier