[digiKam-users] Digikam .xcf saga

leoutation at gmx.fr leoutation at gmx.fr
Fri Aug 23 11:26:09 BST 2019

On 8/23/19 4:29 AM, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> The solution with tumbler is somewhere in one plugin :
>
> https://github.com/xfce-mirror/tumbler/tree/master/plugins
>
> ..
> cover-thumbnailer => ebook
> desktop-thumbnailer => desktop files
> ffmpeg-thumbnailer => ffmpeg
> font-thumbnailer => Fonts
> gst-thumbnailer => GStreamer
> jpeg-thumbnailer => JPEG
> odf-thumbnailer  => libreoffice
> pixbuf-thumbnailer => Pixmap ???
> poppler-thumbnailer => PDF, PS
> raw-thumbnailer => RAW
>
> We already has ffmpeg in digiKam and it do not work
>
> Rest : gstreamer and pixbuf
> When you run tumbler on the console, there is some debug statments about
> XCF processing ?
No Tumbler executable.
When launching Thunar in console, it displays xcf thumbnails but nothing
about XCF.
I think Tumbler uses gdk-pixbuf2 to display .xcf thumbnails, maybe...

https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/tree/trunk/PKGBUILD?h=packages/tumbler
https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GdkPixbuf
https://developer.gnome.org/gdk-pixbuf/unstable//
https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/gdk-pixbuf2/
https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/tree/trunk/PKGBUILD?h=packages/gdk-pixbuf2

Executable 'gdk-pixbuf-thumbnailer' in console:
  % gdk-pixbuf-thumbnailer -h
Usage:
   gdk-pixbuf-thumbnailer [OPTION?] [INPUT FILE] [OUTPUT FILE] Thumbnail
images
Help Options:
   -h, --help                        Show help options
Application Options:
   -s, --size                        Size of the thumbnail in pixels
   --g-fatal-warnings                Make all warnings fatal

'gdk-pixbuf-thumbnailer testmader-png-1.png testpng.jpeg'
generates 256x192 pixels image 'testpng.jpeg'
But it fails with .xcf
'gdk-pixbuf-thumbnailer testmader-xcf-1.xcf test.jpeg'

** (gdk-pixbuf-thumbnailer:2132): WARNING **: 11:51:28.037: Could not
thumbnail 'testmader-xcf-1.xcf': Couldn?t recognize the image file
format for file ?/home/fre/Bureau/gimp/test-gimp2.10/testmader-xcf-1.xcf?

--
Greetings

Maderios