[digiKam-users] Dark themes for digikam

woenx marcpalaus at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 22 22:19:12 BST 2019

I did those changes I said, now the text on Properties should be more
readable, and the currently selected item in the tree view should have more
differentiated.

Here is the new color scheme:  Optimal-DK-contrast.colors
<http://digikam.1695700.n4.nabble.com/file/t376572/Optimal-DK-contrast.colors>

Installing them is very easy:

- First, if you use Linux, copy the .color file to:

    /home/username/.local/share/digikam/colorschemes  (Create the
"colorschemes" folder if it does not exist)

or, if you use Windows, to:

    C:\Program Files\digiKam\data\digikam\colorschemes

- Then, restart Digikam. In the main menu, go to Settings, Themes, and
you'll see a list of themes. In this case, it's called
"Optimal-DK-contrast". Just select it and you're done.

- (optional) in case you want to switch from the clear to the dark icon
theme, go to Settings, Configure Digikam, Miscellaneous, Appearance, and
change the Icon Theme to "Breeze dark". Restart Digikam to apply the
changes.

Here is a screenshot, what do you think?:

<https://i.imgur.com/DJdY3uk.png>