[digiKam-users] Managing old scanned photos

Chairman.Faust chairman.faust at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 17:45:52 BST 2019

I have a bit of a two fold dilemma.
1) hundreds of old photos from the early 1900s up through the 60s
2) Some I have exact dates, some I have the year, some I can guess the
decade

My existing photos are mostly organized in folders by event, but all photo
filenames are their date and time.

So...

1) How do I edit the metadata in order to change the date stamps from when
they were scanned to when they were taken
2) How do I create a file naming template that is essentially ISO timestamp
- [digikam metadata] (for example 1940-01-01T00:00:00-[Great
Grandmother].jpg

Any suggestions on this would be helpful... I need a universal strategy for
organizing and naming both old photos with no metadata and new photos taken
with current tech.