[digiKam-users] Web based interface (in PHP etc)

woenx marcpalaus at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 8 20:07:55 BST 2019

Are we talking about the same piwigo? I gave it a go several months ago and I
really wanted to like it, but I couldn't. Apart from the interface that
looked like something from 10 years ago (phpnuke, is that you?), it had some
serious rough edges that prevented normal usage, such as displaying any
directory that had special characters such as aphostrophes
(https://piwigo.org/bugs/view.php?id=3030).

Apart from that, I personally prefer to write the metadata in the same
picture file instead of sidecar files (although I admit it's usually more
reasonable to do use sidecars). I think that periodically scanning the
picture folders (or when changes are detected) to populate a database would
be more compatible for those who do not use sidecars. I don't know if
thumbnails could be extracted from digikam's database or would need to be
generated again.