[digiKam-users] How to rebuild RAW thumbnails?

Maik Qualmann metzpinguin at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 07:55:34 BST 2018

I did not understand the problem at first, but I can reproduce it with my
Nikon. First of all, it is not a good idea to take a image in B&W digitally.
There are many more ways to do it later, but for the JPEG the color
information is lost. There is currently no option in digiKam to specify that a
thumbnail should be created from the RAW image. It uses the "fastest" source
and that is the preview image. That was of course stored by the camera in B&W.

Maik