[digiKam-users] How to rebuild RAW thumbnails?

gatohaus cirrus at gatohaus.com
Fri Sep 28 01:54:51 BST 2018

I'm just starting to use digikam and am trying to get the RAW thumbnails in
the thumbnail view to show the color version of the image.

I usually shoot with a GR2 and have it save as RAW + jpeg, with the jpeg
being b&w. In Digikam's thumbnail view the raw and jpeg are correctly
grouped together, but both appear as b&w. I've searched for a setting that
would force the regeneration of the raw thumbnail but have had no luck.

For previews, I found the "Previews shows the full image" setting, but
nothing similar for thumbnails.
There's also the Maintenance tool with the Rebuild Thumbnails option. It
seems to still use the thumbnail contained within the raw, rather than
actually building a new one.

Just to note that this idea is possible, Darktable has such settings to
render raw thumbnails. (I'd like to stick with Digikam though)
Oh, this is on Kubuntu 18.04.

Thanks,
David

<http://digikam.1695700.n4.nabble.com/file/t376734/digikam_rawthumbs.png>