[digiKam-users] New to digikam / a few questions

woenx marcpalaus at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 24 18:32:55 BST 2018

I'll try to help.

1. I think so. Go to Settings, Configure Digikam, Miscellaneous, Appearance
tab, and disable "Show splash screen at startup".

2. The left panel is to search by Tag, the right one is to add new tags to
pictures.

3. I just tried that option. When I select "No Tags", no picture appears in
the thumbnail view (there should be at least a few hundreds).

4. No idea, sorry.

5. idem.

6. I would also like to know.

7. Never used Media Pro... what is a "Catalog", exactly?

By the way, if you want to report bugs or suggest improvements (like those
issues with tags and themes), you can do so at the bugtracking system:
https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?list_id=1548504&product=digikam