[digiKam-users] New to digikam / a few questions

tsader t_sader at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 24 18:21:54 BST 2018

It's been only a few hours that I have installed digikam and I do have a few
questions I don't seem to be able to find the answers to. Any advice is
really appreciated.

I am on a mac 10.13.6 and using digikam 5.9

1. When opening digikam it always shows the "Welcome to digikam" page which
is very annoying, is there a way to delete this?

2. Tags window on the left vs. the Tags filter on the right. What is the
difference? Why two Tags sections?

3. Tags window left, when checking "No Tags" only 1 image shows opposed to
many more that have no tags in the folder.

4. Different themes for digikam especially the grey themes make most icons
on the toolbar invisible, can that be changed?

5. Different themes put a frame/border around the thumbnails is it possible
to remove that?

6. Can you change the font size of the Filenames and Tags that appear under
thumbnails?

7. Those familiar with Media Pro by Phase One, is it possible to import
catalogs? Or somehow import the catalog sets and/or converted to tags maybe?

Sorry hope I didn't ask too many dumb questions

Cheers