[digiKam-users] Digikam puts its "signature" in metadata even when no other changes - why?

woenx marcpalaus at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 21 11:00:00 BST 2018

But, for instance, let's say I tag a picture with the tag "dog". Is it really
necessary to include which software has tagged it, the version, and update
the modification (or creation) date?

Specially the last thing. Some older digital cameras did not store the date
in EXIF metadata, and the only date was the file date. After digikam scanned
my whole collection, all dates were changed to that day's date, so I lost
quite a big of information.