[digiKam-users] Digikam puts its "signature" in metadata even when no other changes - why?

woenx marcpalaus at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 20 21:38:54 BST 2018

I don't know about the "signature", other software does the same thing.
However, disabling the option to update the timestamp (Settings, Configure
digikam, Metadata, "update filestamp when files are modified) on every
picture it's the first thing I do when I install digikam. I lost lots of
dates that were not saved to the metadata (the original date when the
picture was taken) because of that.

I guess the signature is only written to files that have been modified.
Which is all of them in your case.

I don't know why it's not disabled by default.