[digiKam-users] Digikam puts its "signature" in metadata even when no other changes - why?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Thu Sep 20 21:09:59 BST 2018

I have my main album installed on two systems and, after doing some
changes to metadata on one system, I copied the image files to the
other system.  Well 'copied' is a misnomer, it's still doing it after
several hours.

I took a look to see why and discovered that Digikam has written its
current version into the metadata of every single image, since I have
around 30000 images that makes for a *lot* of file copying!  It also
means that file modification dates are all changed for no particular
reason.

Why does Digikam do this?  I don't really care what software has been
used to do things to my images, at least I don't want it written in to
the metadata.  Also it writes the Digikam version so even changing
Digikam version will cause an update of every file in the album.

Is there any way of turning this off?

--
Chris Green
ยท