[digiKam-users] dk 5.9 freezes under certain conditions

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Sun Oct 14 12:16:42 BST 2018

Hello,

I am here with digikam 5.9 from opensuse repos on opensuse 42.3, KDE.

When I try color->black and white (or auto-correction), move a file to
another folder, and try again a colorcolor->black and white, digikam
freezes, I have to kill and restart it...

To explain more detailled:

I have folders like

digikam
-myFotos
--theNewOnes
---blackAndWhite
---color

The folder "color" contains 100 jpg-images, each of approx. 70 MB. Now I
go through this folder in album view, one by one, click on a thumbnail
to open in editor. In editor I chose colors->black and white, then
cancel it (it's just to see how it would look).

If I think it looks better in bw I move the file to the folder
"blackAndWhite" in album view, drag and drop thumbnail on folder in
album tree, choose move.

Now when I click on the next image in the folder "color" (where I still
am, and the previous image has been moved to the other folder) and try
again colors->black and white, digikam freezes. I cannot close the
editor window. After a while KDE says "digikam doesn't react, kill it?".

It must have something to do with moving the files and choosing the next
one (that now is in the sequential album position where the moved one
was before).

If I do /not/ move a file I can open editor and check bw effect as many
times as I wish (well, I tried 10 times to test...)...

Is this a known or reproducible bug?

Kind regards

Daniel
--