[digiKam-users] dk 5.9 freezes under certain conditions - addition

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Sun Oct 14 12:29:33 BST 2018

On 14.10.18 13:16, Daniel Bauer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am here with digikam 5.9 from opensuse repos on opensuse 42.3, KDE.
>
> When I try color->black and white (or auto-correction), move a file to
> another folder, and try again a colorcolor->black and white, digikam
> freezes, I have to kill and restart it...
>
> To explain more detailled:
>
> I have folders like
>
> digikam
> -myFotos
> --theNewOnes
> ---blackAndWhite
> ---color
>
> The folder "color" contains 100 jpg-images, each of approx. 70 MB. Now I
> go through this folder in album view, one by one, click on a thumbnail
> to open in editor. In editor I chose colors->black and white, then
> cancel it (it's just to see how it would look).
>
> If I think it looks better in bw I move the file to the folder
> "blackAndWhite" in album view, drag and drop thumbnail on folder in
> album tree, choose move.
>
> Now when I click on the next image in the folder "color" (where I still
> am, and the previous image has been moved to the other folder) and try
> again colors->black and white, digikam freezes. I cannot close the
> editor window. After a while KDE says "digikam doesn't react, kill it?".
>
> It must have something to do with moving the files and choosing the next
> one (that now is in the sequential album position where the moved one
> was before).
>
> If I do /not/ move a file I can open editor and check bw effect as many
> times as I wish (well, I tried 10 times to test...)...
>
> Is this a known or reproducible bug?
>
> Kind regards
>
> Daniel

I was wrong: the error occurs also without moving a file, but it seems
it takes longer to appear and it shows different:

Instead of moving the files I now marked them with a star (to move them
later), but after some click to open in editor - colors->bw - cancel,
clicking on the next image... etc... the next image is not loaded in
editor, it shows the one of before. The cursor turns into "wait" when
hovering the menu. I can now close the window. But I can't do anything
more. Opening an image always still shows the last one... However I
don't have to kill digikam, I can close it normally and restart it...
--
Daniel Bauer photographer Basel Málaga
https://www.patreon.com/danielbauer