[digiKam-users] How to 'clone' a Digikam installation to another computer?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Tue Oct 2 21:25:47 BST 2018

woenx <marcpalaus at hotmail.com> wrote:
> You say the path to the pictures is the same in the two computers, right? And
> I suppose the pictures are the same in the two computers.

Both computers have all the pictures (just one album) in
/home/chris/pictures.  The 'pictures are the same' simply because I
used rsync to make both /home/chris/pictures identical.

> I only tried with pictures stored in network shares. Never had an issue with
> DriveId or anything like that. I don't really know.

So you have/had two digikams pointing at the same network share?
That's not quite the same as I'm trying to do.

> I tried sharing the same database for two computers, and also having two
> computers with two separate databases (syncing only the pictures using
> unison), and in both cases digikam managed to detect changes whenever I
> edited the metadata.

So you had two (or more) Digikams syncing with two (or more) sets of
images on remote NAS' and you synchronised from one NAS to the other
using Unison?

--
Chris Green
ยท