[digiKam-users] How to 'clone' a Digikam installation to another computer?

woenx marcpalaus at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 2 20:56:01 BST 2018

You say the path to the pictures is the same in the two computers, right? And
I suppose the pictures are the same in the two computers.

I only tried with pictures stored in network shares. Never had an issue with
DriveId or anything like that. I don't really know.

I tried sharing the same database for two computers, and also having two
computers with two separate databases (syncing only the pictures using
unison), and in both cases digikam managed to detect changes whenever I
edited the metadata.

Maybe someone else has more experience with that?