[digiKam-users] 5.6.0 crash-pictures gone-drive space still allocated

Sveinn í Felli sv1 at fellsnet.is
Thu Mar 8 06:35:49 GMT 2018

If everything else fails, I'd try PhotoRec from the TestDisk suite:
<https://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec>

It can 'extract' any kind of file from 'deleted' parts of a HDD, SSD or
Flash-card. It may have to be run from a Live-distribution if the
deleted files are on the same partition as your OS.
It's quite radical, sometimes it may be able to recover the folder
structure, but sometimes the files will be dumped all in one folder.

It has saved my ass more than once, when deleting files from a card I
thought I already saved into my collections (but had not)...

BTW, anyone intending to give or sell a Flash-card, HDD or SSD should
pass those through PhotoRec, you will be surprised how much is left of
older files, even if you have deleted all and reformatted once.

Regards,
Sveinn í Felli

Þann mið  7.mar 2018 19:25, skrifaði rutile: