[digiKam-users] Problem connecting camera to digikam

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 08:53:33 GMT 2018

Hi Nicole,

This kind of problem can be located in your system library.

Canon camera driver is included in Gphoto2 and use libusb in background to
communicate. I suspect an older Gphoto2 problem back... This can be
probably a problem from your Linux box. Which Linux system do you use ?

The alternative is to use a memory card reader directly and to not use your
camera connected to your computer. This way do not use a specific driver
and work better than Gphoto2 way. For ex, with a memory card reader,
thumbnails are always generated. Which Gphoto2, this depend of driver
support.

Best