[digiKam-users] Problem connecting camera to digikam

Nicole Graffam ngraffam at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 22:47:16 GMT 2018

Hello,

I'm a new Linux user and I just downloaded digikam. I'm trying to connect
my camera, a Canon EOS Rebel T5, and it either doesn't detect the camera,
or if I try connecting it manually, it shows up as a Canon EOS 1200D, and
that in turn does not connect to the program. The message I'm getting is
"Failed to connect to the camera. please make sure it is connected properly
and try again." It's...definitely connected properly. My USB outlets work
fine. I looked up the list of compatible cameras and mine is on it. Could
this be a bug? How do I fix it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Nicole Graffam