digikam 5.8 - windows : open with external editor

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 19:36:43 GMT 2018

yes. under Windows and MacOS, there is no rules available as under Linux to
list application installed.

The API used from digiKam to play with external application come from KDE.
This only work under Linux.

I already re-routed a bug about to support non Linux desktop, but there is
no response about.

To solve this problem we can :

1/ use the native API (Windows, OSX). I know that other Qt application use
this way, as for exemple, the excellent Clementine Audio player.
2/ Wait a pure Qt solution. Perhaps something exists now with Qt 5.10. I
must admit that i don't yet checked this point since a long time.

I prefer the 2/ as it's portable and do not require any specific native
langage other than C++ (as objective C for OSX).