Thumbnails not shown in albumview

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 16:49:32 GMT 2018

Solution : unset some bash variable set by digiKam bundle before to start
an external application from the appimage.

explanations : the appimage embed all library at a specific release, that
we validate as "work for digiKam".

When you start the external application from the bundle, some libraries
search PATH are set explicitly for digiKam to wrap around system libraries.

In other words: the external application is lost. This is not a
dysfunction. It's how bundled application work.

In digiKam source code we have a dedicated method called to run a external
application which unset these variable. Look here :

https://cgit.kde.org/digikam.git/tree/app/utils/digikam_globals.cpp#n158

You need to reproduce the same in your bash script which start the external
application.