Thumbnails and preview of .psd files in digiKam on Windows

muepet at gmx.net muepet at gmx.net
Sun Feb 11 18:18:47 GMT 2018

Hi,

I've started to use digiKam on Windows 10. Now, I'm trying to add .psd
files. I'm aware of the mime-types thing, where I added psd to the list.
However, thumbnails are not generated (I only see the default green
thumbnail image :-)

Interesting though, when choosing slideshow the picture is displayed (for 5
sec and then the slideshow is over :-D)

I've seen threads on that for KDE and here a solution seem to exist.
Unfortunately, I'm not using Linux . (now, please don't suggest I should
switch .)

Any ideas on how I can make .psd files viewable under Windows?

Thanks

Peter