Caption/tag hierarchy issue

Remco Viëtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Sun Feb 11 17:51:21 GMT 2018

On dimanche 11 février 2018 17:54:00 CET Richard B. Emerson wrote:
> A tickler regarding an earlier, unanswered post:
>
> Picking a real situation from my collection of tags: I created
> /US/Florida/St. Augstine and /US/Florida/Miami (obviously Miami & St.
> Augustine are under FL). But some of my photos are from Who-knows-where,
> FL. What I want to do is simply use /US/Florida. I'll fill in where in FL
> as soon as I figure where the photo(s) were taken. But! What happens when I
> choose FL is both St. Augustine and Miami are selected. De-select St.
> Augustine and/or Miami and the entire hierarchy is de-selected. How do I
> select only /US/Florida?

Your previous post about *tags* got answered, and you acknowledged the answer.
Your followup about *captions* went unanswered, probably /because it doesn't
make sense/:
Captions are /free text/, no option to click on any kind of hierarchy, let
alone getting lower branches included; that behaviour is only possible for
*tags*

Btw, in that right-click (context) menu, use the last option "toggle auto" and
make sure you select 'none': only clicked tag will be toggled.
Or you could pick 'parents', in which case all tags leading to the selected
tag will be toggled as well, i.e. in your /US/Florida/Miami exemple:
if you click Florida:
toggle auto:none => only the "Florida" tag will be toggled
toggle auto:children => "Florida", "Miami" and "St. Augustine" will be toggled
toggle auto:parents => "US" and "Florida" will be toggled
toggle auto:both => "US", "Florida", "Miami" and "St. Augustine" will be
toggled.